During the week of July 10-11, the House of Representatives passed a funding bill for agriculture programs which had only been available to read for 20 hours. In this episode, we take a closer look at what was in that surprise bill.
Links to Information in This Episode
Text of H.R. 1947: The original Farm Bill which failed to pass the House in mid-June
Status of H.R. 2642: The Factory Farm Bill, which passed the House on July 11, 2013.
Text of H.R. 2642: The Factory Farm Bill
- TITLE I: Commodities programs
- TITLE X: Crop Insurance
US Pushed to Reform Cotton Subsidies in Farm Bill as Brazil Watches, Paige McClanahan published by The Guardian, July 19, 2012
Representatives Quoted in This Episode
- Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland
- Rep. Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi of California
- Rep. Michael Burgess of Texas
- Rep. Louise Slaughter of New York
How you can help the show...